SBA 504 Loan Underwriter
Sr. VP, SBA 504 Underwriting
Role of the Position:
To support the 504 Department by underwriting 504 loan applications and submitting credit presentations to the LiftFund loan committee and Small Business Administration. The underwriter will support the Business Development Officers throughout the state.
- Organize the loan file and collect relevant documents such as project cost documents, tax returns, personal financial statements, management history statements, credit bureau reports, real estate appraisal and environmental reports.
- Review and verify that loan applications meet SBA's 504 loan eligibility requirements according to the SBA Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Information Notices.
- Review and verify that loan applications meet SBA's 504 credit criteria according to the SOP and Information Notices.
- Review and verify that loan applications meet the requirements of LiftFund's internal lending policies.
- Read tax returns and financial statements; and write a comprehensive credit memo including cash flow analysis.
- Present completed loan credit memos to LiftFund's loan committee. Must be prepared to support and defend the presentation.
- Submit entire loan package electronically to the SBA Loan Processing Center. Must be prepared to reply to the SBA loan officer's questions and submit additional information as needed.
- Maintain effective communication at all times with the LiftFund Business Development Officers, third party lenders (the Bankers), and the borrowers.
- Communicate proactively with the LiftFund Servicing and Closing teams to discuss issues and problematic scenarios.
- Attend occasional SBA training seminars and webinars to maintain your knowledge base.
- Participate in other duties/projects to support the 504 Loan Department on an as needed basis.
- College Degree, or working toward a degree, in Business, Finance, Economics, or related field. Accounting background highly desirable.
- Good technical writing ability with a detail-oriented approach to presentations
- Ability to work under time pressure
- Effective customer service manner and ability to resolve conflicts
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Word
- High ethical standards including honesty, integrity, dedication, and leadership.
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications + Bonus opportunity
- Attractive Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance with significant Company cost sharing, along with a Company-sponsored Flexible Spending Account stipend
- Advancement Opportunities
- 401(k) with a generous Company match up to 5%
Background checks are conducted of top candidates.
Send cover letter & resume:
2007 W. Martin St.
San Antonio, TX 78207