LiftFund is a high impact non-profit whose mission is to provide credit and services to small businesses and entrepreneurs who do not have access to loans from commercial sources and to provide leadership and innovation to the micro-lending industry.
Dedicated to our Customers * Lead with Integrity * Strive to be Better
Chief People Officer
: President and CEO
Skilled leader who creates and implements the people strategy and sets the organization’s direction through talent by effectively managing and engaging LiftFund’s employees. The Chief People Officer oversees recruiting, hiring, onboarding, compensation, benefits, training, professional development, performance management, employee performance review process, employee engagement, and culture development.
Reports directly to the CEO with one direct report and supports an organization with 120+ staff members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Minimum of 10 years leading an HR function and managing direct reports, preferably with a mix of experience in both large and small organizations. Experience working with a non-profit organization is a plus.
- Must be able to thoroughly assess existing processes, make recommendations for improvements and independently create, implement and maintain improvements.
- Excellent conflict resolution and listening skills, with a keen understanding of how to navigate different groups of stakeholders with divergent interests
- Ability to analyze, synthesize and communicate core people-related issues
include but are not limited to the following:
Recruiting and Hiring
Employee Benefits Administration:
- Works closely with CEO and other top executives to strategically determine staffing and training needs
- Develops and implements recruiting and hiring strategies
- Creates and implements the onboarding process for new employees
- Oversees the employment process from beginning to end
- Oversees and ensures that employee benefits are comprehensive, competitive, and in alignment with
LiftFund’ s business goals and mission
Employee Performance Management:
- Oversees administration of employee compensation and benefits
- Leads the evaluation of HR vendors and benefits packages
Training and Professional Development:
- Addresses capability or capacity gaps through assessments, both qualitative and quantitative
- Develops, oversees and ensures consistency in staff performance management and feedback processes
- Oversees administration of employment policies
- Implements updated evaluation processes and tools to improve performance management process.
Employee Engagement and Culture Development:
- Creates and implements strategies for training and developing employees in both technical and non-technical skill areas.
HR Process and Systems:
- Directs and oversees the employee engagement process including working with the CEO and peers to develop and implement action plans that will improve overall engagement.
- Maintains positive staff interactions through effective communication and issue resolution
- Develops and implements strategies to improve employee retention
- Develops and Implements employee engagement strategies
- Develops and Implements, tracks and manages employee surveys and updated strategies
- Leads rewards and recognition programs for LiftFund employees
- Leads and shares best practices and methodology to strengthen LiftFund’s diversity and inclusion
- Manages the day-to-day human resources operations
- Monitors and ensures the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Works with external vendors and partners to provide human resources support, research and analysis for internal processes and/or improvement opportunities.
Must have minimum a bachelor’s degree (B.A or B. S) in Human Resources, Administration, Organizational Leadership, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
Must have minimum of 10 years of experience at an HR executive level.
Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) and/or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) certification.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee may be required to sit, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Extended work hours required, especially during peak periods.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ATTRIBUTES FOR ROLE:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
* Mission and Values Oriented
– Committed to LiftFund’s mission and values and demonstrates that commitment in everyday work.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Attention to Detail & Adaptability – Self-motivated and manages competing demands; Strives to meet a standard of excellence; Able to deal with change, delays, or unexpected events; Asks for and offers help when needed; Ability to work in a complex organization, work with all team members, flexibility, and willingness to negotiate and compromise.
- Analytical, Problem Solving, & Organizational Skills - Gathers and analyzes information skillfully and can efficiently execute on multiple priorities/plans/ideas.
- Achievement - Having the sustained energy and determination in the face of obstacles to set and meet challenging targets and deliver the required agency results.
- Verbal & Written Communication; Interpersonal Skills - Clarity of speech, remaining calm and focused, being polite and listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control. Edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to colleagues’ and customer’s needs; knowledge of and demonstrated experience in delivering world-class customer service
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications + Bonus opportunity
- Attractive Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance with significant Company cost sharing, along with a Company-sponsored Flexible Spending Account stipend
- Advancement Opportunities
- 401(k) with a generous Company match up to 5%
Background checks are conducted of top candidates.
Send cover letter & resume to:
LiftFund/HR Fax: 210-533-2940
2007 W. Martin St. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
San Antonio, TX78207 Website: www.LiftFund.com