Job Description for Business Advisor (in Texas)
Business Advisor (Full-Time)
VP of Business Support
The Business Advisor is a key team member that is dedicated to organizing and leading the consultation and learning efforts of LiftFund clients through the business support division. The advisor shall serve as a trusted resource to LiftFund clients so they may overcome challenges and improve their business acumen to be successful in their business.
The Business Advisor is tasked with providing knowledge, tools, resources, and accountability to socially and economically diverse populations of entrepreneurs on a variety of small business topics including start-up assistance, micro-loan packaging, certification, specialty programming, financial document review, marketing and sales, and management. The Business Advisor is an essential part of LifFund’s business model.
- Manage a portfolio of LiftFund clients by providing direct business and financial consultations in various aspects of business and financial growth.
- Maintain average score of eight or higher for NPS consultation reviews.
- Coordinate and/or conduct group training classes and webinars for clients based on client and Business Support program needs.
- Coordinate and support calendar of activities while maintaining consultation calendar.
- Assess, update, and add to digital libraries with team to ensure timeliness and relevance of information (LiftLearn and Initiate).
- Coordinate and participate in outreach activities.
- Coordinate and build relationships with expert business consultants and mentors.
- Assist in on boarding, training and developing of Business Support interns and volunteers.
- Support internal training of business consultations to peers and team members to grow business support impact.
- Tracking and reporting all activities through CRM to ensure impact is tracked.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ATTRIBUTES FOR ROLE
- At least two years with small business consulting, small business lending, or business ownership experience.
- Extraordinary communication skills, written and verbal, at varying levels with diverse populations of clientele and community partners, in both small and large groups.
- Personality and disposition characterized by collaboration, collegiality, accountability, and empathy.
- Knowledge of fundamentals of business (marketing, accounting, finance, operations, human resources, sales, etc.).
- Experience coaching or consulting small businesses, owning or managing a small business, or other related experience and familiarity with the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strategic thinking and creative approaches to problem solving, linked to practical and effective implementation.
- Knowledge of software platforms, Microsoft Office Suite, and CRM systems for internal job functions; awareness of small business platforms and technology (i.e. QuickBooks, Eventbrite, Zoom, Power BI, etc.).
- Four-year college degree in business or related field or small business financing or entrepreneurial experience in lieu of degree acceptable.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish is preferred.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Mission and Values Oriented – Committed to LiftFund mission and values and demonstrates that commitment in everyday work.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Attention to Detail & Adaptability – Self-motivated and manages competing demands; Strives to meet a standard of excellence; Able to deal with change, delays, or unexpected events; Asks for and offers help when needed; Ability to work in a complex organization, work with all team members, flexibility, and willingness to negotiate and compromise.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Analytical, Problem Solving, & Organizational Skills - Gathers and analyzes information skillfully and can efficiently execute on multiple priorities/plans/ideas.
- Achievement - Having the sustained energy and determination in the face of obstacles
to set and meet challenging targets and deliver the required agency results.
Salary and Benefits:
- Verbal & Written Communication; Interpersonal Skills - Clarity of speech, remaining calm and focused, being polite and listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control. Edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to colleagues’ and customers’ needs; knowledge of and demonstrated experience in delivering world-class customer service.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
Attractive Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance with significant Company cost sharing, along with a Company-sponsored Flexible Spending Account stipend
401(k) with a generous Company match up to 5%
Send cover letter & resume via regular mail, email, or online:
2007 W. Martin St.
San Antonio, TX 78207
Fax: (210) 533-2940