Business Advisor, San Antonio Women’s Business Center
POSITION DESCRIPTION (Contractor)
LiftFund is a high impact non-profit whose mission is to provide credit and services to small businesses and entrepreneurs who do not have access to loans from commercial sources and to provide leadership and innovation to the micro-lending industry. The San Antonio Women’s
Business Center, a program of LiftFund, is dedicated to supporting entrepreneurs, especially women and minorities through business education and consulting. The LiftFund Women’s
Business Center is funded in part by a cooperative agreement with the US Small Business Administration.
Dedicated to our Customers - Lead with Integrity - Strive to be Better
||600 Soledad St., San Antonio, TX 78205
||Director, LiftFund SA WBC
||Prospective and current WBC small business clients, WBC Advisory Board, LiftFund Business Support Team, LiftFund team, community resource partners, SBA District Office and Office of Women’s Business Ownership
The primary role of the Business Advisor is to support the goals of the SA WBC CARES Grant in helping small business owners, especially women and minorities, regain economic stability. The Business Advisor will provide trusted guidance to entrepreneurs whose businesses were adversely impacted by COVID-19. The Business Advisor will provide knowledge, tools, resources and accountability to socially and economically diverse populations of entrepreneurs on a variety of small business topics including strategies for helping business owners pivot their existing business models during COVID pandemic, assistance with supply chain management, remote working capabilities, funding sources, financial recovery, cash flow management, e-commerce, virtual service models. The Business Advisor is responsible for tracking and reporting the time and outcomes of their client engagements in LiftFund’s CRM system and to the SBA.
- Manage a portfolio of clients, specific to the CARES Grant, by providing business and financial coaching specific to overcoming challenges posed by COVID-19.
- Create and curate new tools, guides, and template designed to help businesses make pivots in their business model in response to COVID-19, manage their government funding to be eligible for loan forgiveness, negotiate reduced or modified payments to landlords and creditors, etc.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of client data and impact. Assist director in quarterly and annual SBA reporting.
- Coordinate and/or conduct group training classes and webinars for clients.
- Extraordinary communication skills, written and verbal, at varying levels with diverse populations of clientele and community partners, in both small and large groups.
- Empathy to entrepreneurs experiencing emotional and financial challenges as a result of COVID-19.
- Knowledge and experience with e-commerce platforms, virtual meeting and classroom platforms.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish (preferred)
- Experience coaching and training adult learners at a variety of educational levels; public speaking and presentation experience.
- Knowledge of fundamentals of business (marketing, accounting, finance, operations, human resources, sales, etc.)
- Experience coaching or consulting small businesses, owning or managing a small business, or other related experience and familiarity with the San Antonio entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- A four-year college degree in business is preferred.
- Strategic thinking and creative approaches to problem solving, linked to practical and effective implementation.
- Personality and disposition characterized by collaboration, collegiality, accountability, and empathy.
- Knowledge of webinar platforms, Microsoft Office Suite, and CRM systems for internal job functions; awareness of small business platforms and technology (i.e. Quickbooks, Squarespace, Hoot Suite, Square, etc.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ATTRIBUTES FOR ROLE
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Mission and Values Oriented – Committed to LiftFund’s mission and values and demonstrates that commitment in every day work.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Attention to Detail & Adaptability – Self-motivated and manages competing demands; Strives to meet a standard of excellence; Able to deal with change, delays, or unexpected events; Asks for and offers help when needed; Ability to work in a complex organization, work with all team members, flexibility, and willingness to negotiate and compromise.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Analytical, Problem Solving, & Organizational Skills - Gathers and analyzes information skillfully and can efficiently execute on multiple priorities/plans/ideas.
- Achievement - Having the sustained energy and determination in the face of obstacles to set and meet challenging targets and deliver the required agency results.
- Verbal & Written Communication; Interpersonal Skills - Clarity of speech, remaining calm and focused, being polite and listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control. Edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to colleagues’ and customers’ needs; knowledge of and demonstrated experience in delivering world-class customer service