LiftFund is a multistate non-profit microfinance company and small business lender that helps new and existing entrepreneurs successfully grow their business. LiftFund is the largest micro lender in the United States.
Business/SBA 7a Loan Underwriter (Full-Time, Exempt)
Chief Credit Officer
Preferred Qualifications (In order of importance):
- Four (4) years’ experience in business lending, loan underwriting, credit granting, finance, and credit analysis.
- College Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, Economics, or related field
- Proficient in financial analysis
- Quantitative thinker with ability to make evaluations based on large number of variables
- Experience in Federal Small Business Loan Programs, specifically SBA7a.
- Effective decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, organizational and time management skills
- Advanced skills in MS Excel
- Passion for providing credit to small businesses that do not have access to loans from commercial sources.
- Experience with Personal and Business Income Tax Return Forms
- Experience in commercial real estate lending and interaction with real estate title companies
- Experience in reviewing and preparing SBA loan forms
- Familiar with SBA SOP
- Ability to identify time sensitive issues and work within time constraints
- Computer Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Ability to work a flexible schedule -including travel
- Customer Service and Conflict Resolution skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be self-motivated and goal oriented
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish)
- Recognize and act in accordance with Lender underwriting and credit granting criteria
- Review and evaluate small business loan applications. The evaluation includes: Review and analysis of individual and business credit reports, bank statements, financial statements, personal and business tax returns, business plans, financial projections, pay stubs, and all other sources of income.
- Review and evaluate collateral and make the necessary conditions and recommendations to execute loan agreements in accordance to policy
- Recommend denials, approvals, or cancellations to proper loan authority. Including write ups of credit memorandums for internal or external committees or agency reviews.
- Approve Loans in compliance with lending authority.
- Responsible for the review, evaluation and submission of SBA 7a Community Advantage loan applications according to SBA guidelines.
- Work with lending staff to identify SBA Community Advantage 7a eligible loans.
- Conduct all other duties as assigned
Salary and benefits: Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications + Bonus opportunity
·Attractive Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance with significant Company cost sharing, along with a Company-sponsored Flexible Spending Account stipend
·401(k) with a generous Company match up to 5%
Background checks are conducted of top candidates.
Send resume with cover letter indicating salary requirements to:
LiftFund Inc. /HR Fax: 210-533-2940
2007 W. Martin Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
San Antonio, TX 78207 www.liftfund.com