VP Credit and Risk Management
As the Vice President of Credit and Risk Management, you will be a key partner in our ability to execute LiftFund's
Mission. To be a Lifter- is to believe that a person’s dream of business ownership should not be limited by their race, gender, or social and economic situation. We are among the leading community development financial institutions (CDFI) that have a coveted Four-Star rating from Charity Navigator. We support entrepreneurs--that work hard every day--to create a better life for themselves and their families, while providing jobs and services to the communities they serve. Lifters are working across 14 states to provide affordable, responsible credit, create and sustain jobs, and stabilize communities. LiftFund
loans finance community businesses including small businesses, microenterprises, nonprofit organizations, commercial real estate, and affordable housing. LiftFund
has been recognized locally and nationally for our innovation, advisory services, and ability to be at the forefront of redefining the financial services industry at the community level. If you want to be part of what we’re doing and have at least 5 years of experience with Federal Small Business Loan Programs plus some leadership experience in Business Lending, Credit Underwriting & Risk Assessment, Loan Portfolio Servicing, Credit & Risk Management and Finance—we just might have the role for you!!!
The Vice President of LiftFund’s Credit and Risk Management Team is accountable for governance, regulatory compliance and various aspects of Credit and Risk oversight and analysis. The VP will lead and support the execution and achievement of Credit Underwriting, Loan Closing, Portfolio & Risk Management policies, goals, plans and objectives. Reporting directly to the CFO, this is a unique opportunity to work in a hands-on role, assisting the CFO and executive team in managing the financial inner-workings of a multi-state nonprofit Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI).
Your key responsibilities
As the Credit & Risk Management Program Governance Specialist you will participate in various aspects of Credit & Risk oversight and analysis, Credit & Risk Management, with an emphasis on regulatory compliance and governance.
Communication, both internally (e.g. by setting Credit & Risk policies and internal reporting) and externally (particularly to satisfy regulatory requirements), will be a key aspect of this role.
Develop, design, and implement and support of enterprise-wise Credit & Risk management framework, including but not limited to: Credit & Risk governance and controls, organization structure, policies and procedures, Credit & Risk measures, and metrics (appetite and limits, monitoring and escalation).
Delivery of large-scale Credit & Risk regulatory change and technical initiatives. Communicate regulations and strategic Credit & Risk management objectives/updates to large working groups, including senior management.
Identify current state Credit & Risk management activities and governance structure, assist with formulation of the required/desired state based on regulatory and best practices, conduct gap analysis.
Work alongside internal groups such as Compliance, Lending, IT, on matters related to Credit & Risk controls, self-assessments, incidents and infrastructure projects.
Monitor changes in the regulatory environments, SBA, CDFI, and provide support, guidance, and communicate findings to the wider business.
Accountability and leadership for the Credit & Risk Underwriting, Loan Closing, Collections and Account Resolution departments.
Act as subject matter expert, provide insight and guidance to senior leaders, staff or other department members on Credit, Portfolio & Risk Management relevant issues and content.
Set policy, goals, plans, and projects that ensure high impact lending results while also mitigating Credit Quality & Risk.
Ensure compliance with State and Federal Laws, special funds and programs to decrease Credit & Risk exposure.
Develop and maintain performance reports, analyze trends, identify early signs of portfolio performance issues.
Initiate and lead process improvement projects to increase efficiencies, reduce costs, improve internal and external customer service levels, and enhance our impact results and portfolio quality.
Maintain industry knowledge and awareness to ensure our infrastructure, processes, and systems are efficient and effective.
Expected to Partner across the enterprise and externally to execute new initiatives that expand current capabilities and/or improve Credit & Risk management processes.
Communicate proactively with the Lending Management Team on any material consideration affecting Underwriting, Closing and the servicing of loans.
Responsible for managing and engaging department staff; assessing team performance to ensure goals and objectives are being met, and to provide training and oversight to junior team members.
Works with CFO, COO, CAO, CEO, Board of Directors and other Department Heads to implement company strategic initiatives.
To Qualify for the Role You Must Have
- Directly/Indirectly manage a team of 5-15 professionals.
- Have passion for small business lending and the organizational mission of providing Credit & Risk to small businesses that do not have access to loans from commercial sources
What We Look For
- Master’s Degree in a quantitative field (Statistics, Business, Operations Research, Computer Science, Finance, Economics, etc.).
- At minimum, a total of 10 years of Leadership and/or Management experience in the following: Business Lending, Credit Underwriting & Risk Assessment, Loan Portfolio Servicing, Credit & Risk Management and Finance.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with Federal Small Business Loan Programs.
- Demonstratable experience problem solving for: Small Business Lending, Lending Policy, Credit & Risk Modeling, and Portfolio management.
- Advanced knowledge of Lending software and Lending Platforms (such as: Microsoft Dynamics CRM, loan servicing software, Customer Relationship Management Solutions, etc.).
- Experience leading a portfolio of Credit & Risk management projects and leading multiple cross-functional teams.
- Experience supervising more than 3 leaders.
- Proficient in Credit & Risk Scoring Modeling, Loan Portfolio Analysis.
- Experience in key analytical languages (such as: Python, R, or the equivalent.)
- Knowledge and understanding of the Equal Credit & Risk & Opportunity Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices and applicable State Laws as they apply to commercial lending and consumer collections.
- Proficient in Microsoft Products (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Outlook) and web- based applications.
It Would Be Great If You Have
- Leader- Mentor- Trainer
- Advanced oral and written communication skills working with all levels of executives, managers and individual contributors
- Ability to operate in a fast paced, multi-location environment, balancing both strategic and tactical responsibilities
- Demonstrated leadership accomplishments; committed to excellence and continuous improvement
- Highly self-motivated and goal oriented
- Ability to identify competing priorities, recognize time sensitive issues and work within time constraints
- Customer service orientation supporting others in a collaborative work environment
- Strong project management skills with ability to multi-task and achieve deadlines
- Perform managerial responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws, including hiring and training employees; planning and directing work assignments, conducting performance reviews and ability to problem solve any team conflicts
- Ability to perform work with accuracy and attention to detail
- Effective decision-making, conflict management, and negotiation skills
- Availability to travel. (Prior to COVID the position traveled 3-5 days a month)
- Maintains the highest ethical standards including honesty, integrity, dedication and leadership
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, organizational and time management skills
What We Offer
- Bilingual skills in English & Spanish
- CDFI industry experience
- On-line lending experience
This position allows you to work from home under the current circumstances but is usually expected to be present at our headquarters in San Antonio Texas. Work schedules may be flexible (outside the norm) due to program and project needs. We offer a high-end compensation package.
EASY APPLY on Linkedin.
LiftFund provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.