Business Loan Underwriter
Sr. Director of Underwriting
- Must have two (2) to Five (5) years’ experience in business lending, loan underwriting, credit granting, credit analysis, or other type of financing
- A Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related field
- Excellent Customer Service and Conflict Resolution experience is required
- Passion for microfinance and the organizational mission of providing credit to small businesses that do not have access to capital from commercial sources
- Quantitative thinker with ability to make evaluations based on large number of variables
- Effective decision-making skills
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures in small business lending
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, organizational and time management skills
- Experience with Business Income Tax Return Forms
- Experience with Business Financial Statements
- Ability to assist and train new employees
- Ability to identify time sensitive issues and work within time constraints
- Advanced skills in MS Excel
- Ability to work a flexible schedule-including travel.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) is a plus
- Recognize and act in accordance with Lender underwriting and credit granting criteria
- Analyze the credit worthiness of business loan application. The evaluation includes: Review and analysis of individual credit reports, bank statements, personal and Business financial statements, personal and business tax returns, business plans, financial projections, pay stubs, and all other sources of income.
- Prepare detailed business financial and ratio analysis as needed.
- Review and evaluate collateral and make the necessary conditions and recommendations to execute lien placement and loan agreements in accordance to policy.
- Approve Loans in compliance with lending authority.
- Recommend denials, approvals, or cancellations to proper loan authority. Including write ups of credit memorandums for internal or external committees or agency reviews
- Coordinate and participate in lending and underwriting staff training sessions
- Provide excellent customer service and support to LiftFund lending teams on the field
- Responsible for tracking, monitoring and servicing special funds and lending programs
- Conduct all other duties as assigned to support Senior Director of Underwriting and Chief Credit Officer as needed. Although not frequent, additional duties may include working weekends or extended hours
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications + Bonus opportunity
·Attractive Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance with significant Company cost sharing, along with a Company-sponsored Flexible Spending Account stipend
·401(k) with a generous Company match up to 5%
Background checks are conducted of top candidates.
Send cover letter & resume to:
LiftFund/HR Fax: 210-533-2940
2007 W. Martin St. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
San Antonio, TX78207 Website: www.LiftFund.com