LiftFund Women’s Business Center Director San Antonio
Dedicated to our Customers – Lead with Integrity – Strive to Be Better
: Vice President Business Support
LiftFund’s Business Support Team, Leadership Team, Lending Team, and Cross Departmental team members; Small Business Administration’s Office of Women’s Business Ownership and SBA San Antonio District Office
The primary role of the Women Business Center Director is to lead and support the efforts of the WBC by providing management and leadership to support women business owners. The Director identifies, assesses, and develops programs necessary to support the stewardship of entrepreneurs and small business growth. This role leads the center staff and volunteers in carrying out the WBC goals of providing guidance and support to entrepreneurs as they become successful business owners. The Director is responsible for managing the reporting, budget, and programming of the WBC. This includes: delivering individual and group consultations, presentations and seminars; ensuring timely compliance and reporting; managing the budget(s) of the Center. The Director maintains the overall operations of the business center by tracking performance, reporting outcomes, and ensuring a positive and financially sound environment.
- Manage multiple public and private grants ensuring program requirements and program reporting are met within the established goals and budgets.
- Hire, train, evaluate, and manage WBC team members including staff, contractors, and volunteers.
- Guide and ensure the creation of WBCs workshops and programs in all mediums, live, web based, recorded, etc.
- Host individual and group consultations for clients seeking advice on growing their businesses.
- Lead reporting of WBC programming and compliance efforts in collaboration with Compliance department.
- Communicate with partner departments to ensure successful marketing, programming, and reporting.
- Maintain an Advisory Board and actively engage its members through quarterly meetings, fundraisers, and program support.
- Build and maintain strategic partnerships with individuals and organizations.
- Connect clients to capital access programs including host products and solutions.
- Provide expertise and support to Program staff regarding business functions such as financials, sales, marketing, and management.
- Serve as an advocate on behalf of small business owners, especially minority and underserved communities and institutions.
- Provide an expert voice on topics pertaining to advancing women in business.
- Represent the WBC at community events and meetings by engaging stakeholders through speaking or disseminating information about services available through the WBC, LiftFund, or the Small Business Administration.
- Participate in the process of Continuous Quality Improvement by assessing the organization, providing on-going feedback, and training to share new tools, best practices, and innovative opportunities.
- Update and execute all strategic and organizational missions, plans, goals, and outcomes as required by stakeholders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ATTRIBUTES FOR ROLE
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, or Economics; Preferred Master’s in Business Administration or Public Administration
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, at varying levels with diverse populations of clientele, community partners, staff, leadership, government officials, and donors, in both small and large groups.
- Must have exceptional multi-tasking and coordination of multiple levels of program management and reporting.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working directly with small business owners in an advisory and/or training capacity.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working in the non-profit sector managing grants, fundraising activities, and planning and managing budgets.
- Ability to measure and meet key performance indicators.
- Experience managing teams and facilities.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects and budgets.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish is preferred.
- Strong strategic thinking and creative approaches to problem solving.
- Personality and disposition that are characterized by collaboration, collegiality, accountability, and empathy.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Mission and Values Oriented - Committed to LiftFund’s mission and values and demonstrates that commitment in everyday work.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Attention to Detail & Adaptability – Self-motivated and manages competing demands; Strives to meet a standard of excellence; Able to deal with change, delays, or unexpected events; Asks for and offers help when needed; Ability to work in a complex organization, work with all team members, flexibility, and willingness to negotiate and compromise.
- Analytical, Problem Solving, & Organizational Skills - Gathers and analyzes information skillfully and can efficiently execute on multiple priorities/plans/ideas.
- Achievement - Having the sustained energy and determination in the face of obstacles to set and meet challenging targets and deliver the required agency results.
- Verbal & Written Communication; Interpersonal Skills - Clarity of speech, remaining calm and focused, being polite and listening to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control. Edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to colleagues’ and customers’ needs; knowledge of and demonstrated experience in delivering world-class customer service.
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications + Bonus opportunity
- Attractive Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance with significant Company cost sharing, along with a Company-sponsored Flexible Spending Account stipend
- Advancement Opportunities
- 401(k) with a generous Company match up to 5%
Background checks are conducted of top candidates.
Send cover letter & resume to:
LiftFund/HR Fax: 210-533-2940
2007 W. Martin St. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
San Antonio, TX 78207 Website: www.LiftFund.com