SBA 504 Underwriter INTERNAL
: VP SBA 504 Underwriting
As a 504 Portfolio Manager, you will be a key partner in our ability to execute LiftFund's
Mission. To be a Lifter- is to believe that a person’s dream of business ownership should not be limited by their race, gender, or social and economic situation. We are among the leading community development financial institutions (CDFI) that have a coveted Four-Star rating from Charity Navigator. We support entrepreneurs--that work hard every day--to create a better life for themselves and their families, while providing jobs and services to the communities they serve. Lifters are working across 14 states to provide affordable, responsible credit, create and sustain jobs, and stabilize communities. LiftFund
loans finance community businesses including small businesses, microenterprises, nonprofit organizations, commercial real estate, and affordable housing.
has been recognized locally and nationally for our innovation, advisory services, and ability to be at the forefront of redefining the financial services industry at the community level. If you want to be part of what we are doing and have at least 2 years of progressive SBA 504/commercial loan underwriting experience—we just might have the role for you!!!
The role of the 504 Underwriter is to support the 504 Department by underwriting 504 loan applications and submitting credit presentations to the LiftFund loan committee and Small Business Administration. The underwriter will support the Business Development Officers throughout the state of Texas.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Organize the loan file and collect relevant documents such as project cost documents, tax returns, personal financial statements, management history statements, credit bureau reports, real estate appraisal and environmental reports.
- Review and verify that loan applications meet SBA's 504 loan eligibility requirements according to the SBA Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Information Notices.
- Review and verify that loan applications meet SBA's 504 credit criteria according to the SBA SOP and Information Notices.
- Review and verify that loan applications meet the requirements of LiftFund's internal lending policies.
- Read tax returns and financial statements; and write a comprehensive credit memo including cash flow analysis.
- Present completed loan credit memos to LiftFund's loan committee. Must be prepared to support and defend the presentation.
- Submit entire loan package electronically to the SBA Loan Processing Center. Must be prepared to reply to the SBA loan officer's questions and submit additional information as needed.
- Always maintain effective communication with the LiftFund Business Development Officers, third party lenders (the Bankers), and the borrowers.
You Will Also
To Qualify for the Role You Must Have
- Communicate proactively with the LiftFund Servicing and Closing teams to discuss issues and problematic scenarios.
- Attend occasional SBA training seminars and webinars to maintain your knowledge base.
- Participate in other duties/projects to support the 504 Loan Department on an as needed basis.
What We Look For
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in commercial loan and/or SBA loan underwriting
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and remain organized.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Agile and open to change.
It Would Be Great If You Had
- Advanced oral and written communication skills working with all levels of partners and fellow staff
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, balancing both strategic and tactical responsibilities
- Customer service orientation supporting others in a collaborative work environment
- Strong project management skills with ability to multi-task and achieve deadlines
- Ability to perform work with accuracy and attention to detail
What We Offer
- Knowledge of Ventures
- Direct SBA 504 underwriting experience.
- Working knowledge of SBA Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) 50 10 6
- Bilingual in English & Spanish
- Direct experience underwriting SBA 504 loans.
This position allows you to work remotely and flexibility to also work from our office under normal conditions.
All Bank and National Holidays, plus we start work at 8:30. We have a competitive benefits and compensation package.
Check us out on Linkedin and at Liftfund.com. Apply here or at our website.
LiftFund provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.