SBA 504 Portfolio Servicing Manager-INTERNAL
Sr. EVP SBA Lending Group
As a 504 Portfolio Manager, you will be a key partner in our ability to execute LiftFund's
Mission. To be a Lifter- is to believe that a person’s dream of business ownership should not be limited by their race, gender, or social and economic situation. We are among the leading community development financial institutions (CDFI) that have a coveted Four-Star rating from Charity Navigator. We support entrepreneurs--that work hard every day--to create a better life for themselves and their families, while providing jobs and services to the communities they serve. Lifters are working across 14 states to provide affordable, responsible credit, create and sustain jobs, and stabilize communities. LiftFund
loans finance community businesses including small businesses, microenterprises, nonprofit organizations, commercial real estate, and affordable housing.
has been recognized locally and nationally for our innovation, advisory services, and ability to be at the forefront of redefining the financial services industry at the community level. If you want to be part of what we are doing and have at least 2 years of progressive SBA 504 portfolio servicing experience—we just might have the role for you!!!
The Portfolio Manager for the 504 Loan program will work in partnership with CDC Loan Officers, CDC staff, underwriters and clients for the risk management of the SBA 504 portfolio in accordance with the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Standard Operating Procedures as well as LiftFund’s internal guidelines.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Monitor, review and recommend servicing & work-out action on the existing 504 Portfolio with accordance to SBA’s SOP 50 57 and LiftFund’s policy.
- Analyze available annual and quarterly financials from borrowers within the SBA Portfolio to ensure an accurate risk assessment is applied to each borrower during the annual review process.
- Analyze global cash flow for existing 504 borrowers and guarantors to identify their financial condition, profitability, repayment ability, operating trends, and determine if there are any financial indicators that point to current or potential stress within the business or guarantor's financial situation.
- Prepare/set up servicing actions to include modifications and annual reviews of loans within the SBA 504 portfolio.
- Gather pertinent information needed to recommend a course of action that is in accordance with SBA SOP.
You Will Also
- Review loan applications to assess SBA eligibility and complete/document the Bank’s credit elsewhere certification.
- Support SBA team by following up on tickler items, insurance policy and etc. to be in compliance with the terms of the loan.
- Serves as first line of defense for loans by monitoring the SBA portfolio for signs of credit deterioration and take the necessary action to collect on past due loans.
- Prepare/assist reports to inform SBA manager on the status of the SBA portfolio.
- Assist with audits and other special projects.
- Respond promptly to internal and external inquires.
- Assist loan closings, monitor and update insurance, review appraisal and environmental reports (RSRA, Transaction Screening Test, Phase I/II, etc.).
- Manage, review, and monitor past due loans and loan maturities, and follow up for updated financial information.
- Adhere to SBA guidelines for loan servicing actions.
- Follow up with borrowers and guarantors to obtain all necessary information on loan service requests.
To Qualify for the Role You Must Have
- Work with other financial institutions, title & escrow companies, appraisers, attorneys and other resources to obtain correct and accurate documents to fully protect the SBA interests in the credit relationship.
- Resolve and/or restructure problem commercial loans and manage them through to appropriate action plan and risk grading.
What We Look For
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in commercial real estate and 504 loan servicing.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and remain organized.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Agile and open to change.
It Would Be Great If You Had
- Advanced oral and written communication skills working with all levels of partners and fellow staff
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, balancing both strategic and tactical responsibilities
- Customer service orientation supporting others in a collaborative work environment
- Strong project management skills with ability to multi-task and achieve deadlines
- Ability to perform work with accuracy and attention to detail
What We Offer
- Knowledge of Ventures
- Direct SBA 504 processing and closing experience.
- Working knowledge of SBA Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) 50 10 6
- Bilingual in English & Spanish
- Direct experience processing, originating, and closing SBA 504 loans.
This position allows you to work remotely and flexibility to also work from our office under normal conditions.
All Bank and National Holidays, plus we start work at 8:30. We have a competitive benefits and compensation package.
Check us out on Linkedin and at Liftfund.com. Apply here or at our website.
LiftFund provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.