Chief Lending Officer
As the Chief Lending Officer
, you will be a key partner in our ability to execute LiftFund's
Mission. To be a Lifter is to believe- that no matter their background- that doors should be open for everyone. We are among the leading community development financial institutions (CDFI) that have a coveted Four-Star rating from Charity Navigator. We support entrepreneurs--that work hard every day--to create a better life for themselves and their families, while providing jobs and services to the communities they serve. Lifters are working across 14 states to provide affordable, responsible credit, create and sustain jobs, and stabilize communities. Our work transforms lives!
is recognized locally and nationally for our innovation, advisory services, and ability to be at the forefront of redefining the financial services industry at the community level. If you are looking for an executive-level position that has a direct impact on your community —we just might have the role for you!!!
As a member of the executive leadership team, the Chief Lending Officer (CLO) reports directly to the President/CEO. This position is responsible for serving as the strategic leader overseeing the activities and operations of the LiftFund Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) lending teams. The CLO will be responsible for leading the team to develop and maintain effective strategies as well as implementing and researching new programs that increase loan growth. This position will monitor lending trends and market conditions, maintain accurate, efficient, and safe management of the loan portfolio, maintain client relationships, and actively seek additional opportunities. Lead the administration and coordination of LiftFund’s loan production operations and revenue generation; responsible for the execution and achievement of policies, goals, plans and objectives established by the CEO and the Board of Directors Responsible for providing strategic and tactical leadership, and directing the appropriate workflow for the performance of the organization; assist all functional areas, projects and programs to meet loan production, revenue and profit goals; conduct strategic planning approach to lending, that result in meeting company goals and objectives; perform as lead agent for proactively addressing lending best practice procedures and systems for the benefit of the company today and in the future.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Embrace and display LiftFund’s organizational mission, values, vision and culture.
- Responsible for the leadership, management and performance of the loan program (strategy, budget, marketing, production, delinquency, charge-offs) in order to achieve LiftFund’s annual production revenue and operating results goals.
- Evaluate results on a regular basis to assess direction in meeting goals and objectives, and change course as needed
- Work in conjunction with Marketing to develop, design, implement and manage highly effective marketing activity to generate business opportunities and loan production
- Support compliance with all contribution dollars from individuals, grantors, corporations and foundations
- Present to Board of Directors regarding SBA programs and lending operations as needed
- Actively participate in creating and achieving the organizational goals, process improvement objectives and growth strategies of LiftFund
- Continuously assess and refine LiftFund’s financial model towards self-sufficiency; analyze and develop strategies in Lending to drive initiatives towards this outcome
- Implement short-term and long-range strategic initiatives, and continuous improvement initiatives in Lending to achieve organizational improvement goals and growth objectives and improve the quality and productivity of the Lending department operations; proactively drive down operating costs and increase efficiency in the Lending department
- Identify key performance indicators (KPI’s) in order to measure, analyze and interpret financial information concerning the Lending department’s performance; ensure your department budgets and strategic plans stay on track; be proactive in creating action plans to recover if there is a financial shortfall or need to pivot in another direction to accommodate a mid-course correction.
- Develop effective relationships with all external and internal constituencies to promote and advocate LiftFund
- Provide leadership, vision, coaching, and professional development opportunities to your team members; inspire and motivate your team members to achieve their goals, manage underperformers as required; model excellence and focus on results
- Maintain robust succession planning for you and your key management positions to ensure organizational sustainability and mitigate operational risks
- Manage departmental responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws, including interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, and directing work assignments, conducting performance appraisals, and resolving problems.
- Leading efforts with executive management to develop and implement appropriate lending products and services
- Maximizing portfolio growth through effective planning, development, and implementation of lending strategies
- Ensuring overall soundness of loan portfolio, with the ability to identify and develop long term strategies that will include initiatives such as portfolio mix, growth strategies, and market penetration objectives
- Developing and implementing systems, risk controls and policies and procedures in line with regulatory requirements, institution policies and targets
- Promoting and developing new business for LiftFund by contacting prospects and customers. Participate in community affairs to increase the LiftFund’s visibility and to enhance new business opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales and Marketing, Finance, Economics or Business Administration,
- Master’s degree in Sales and Marketing, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration preferred
- 10 years of experience in key lending management roles to include experience with consumer, commercial, and commercial real estate lending
- 5 years minimum experience with small business lending, marketing, and operations management
- Minimum of 10 years of P&L responsibility
- Minimum of 5 years SBA Community Advantage lending experience preferred
- 5 years minimum experience working in credit risk analytics and/or risk management including development of strategy, credit policy, underwriting standards, and pricing. 10+ years preferred
- 5+ years at the Senior Management level
- Advanced experience in consumer lending, business lending, loan pricing, and portfolio management
- Strong systems thinking and analytical skills with a customer focus and the ability to drive execution of key initiatives throughout the Lending team
- Effective written and oral communication skills with senior management, financial institutional partners, company stakeholders and all employees
- Demonstrated accomplishments in company leadership with a strong strategic orientation and with well-developed people skills
- Must be a creative thinker and problem solver; willing to question existing methodologies as necessary to uncover improvement opportunities
- Demonstrated effective process improvement capability and quality-driven focus
- Can persuasively communicate change and new knowledge of techniques and methods to all levels of the organization
- Energetic and focused on solving problems to improve operations, profitability and financial results.
- Strong progressive leadership/management experience in the Lending field (Consumer Lending, and/or Business Lending)
It Would Be Great If You Had
- Willingness to think outside of the box and recommend innovative ideas to leverage technology to grow the lending portfolio and some proficiency with lending software
- Extensive knowledge of consumer, and business lending practices and procedures
- In-depth understanding of and ability to interpret regulations affecting lending programs
- Previous experience managing collections
What We Offer
- Familiarity with accounting systems very helpful.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office to include Excel
- In-depth knowledge of underwriting
A competitive benefit package.
Check us out on Linkedin and at Liftfund.com. Apply here or at our website.
LiftFund provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.