As the Staff Accountant
, you will be a key partner in how LiftFund is able to execute its Mission. Yours is one of the few positions that support our customers and our Lifter family. To be a Lifter- is to believe that a person’s dreams of business ownership should not be limited by their race, gender, or social and economic situation- but to their willingness, heart, and grit to work hard at what drives them. We are among the leading community development financial institutions (CDFI) in the United States and we support the underestimated as they pursue a better life for themselves and their families while providing jobs and services to the communities they serve. Lifters are working across 14 states to provide affordable, responsible credit, create and sustain jobs and stabilize communities. LiftFund loans finance community businesses, including small businesses, microenterprises, nonprofit organizations, and commercial real estate.
LiftFund has been recognized locally and nationally for our innovation, advisory services, and ability to be at the forefront of redefining the financial services industry at the community level. If you don’t consider yourself the average accountant
but more of a change agent who would enjoy wearing different hats, then you may want to be part of what we’re doing!!
The Staff Accountant Intern will perform a variety of tasks including accounts payable, fixed assets, reconciliations (particularly for large bank accounts and credit cards), journal entries, researching variances, running reports and a variety of ad hoc projects. This person will work in conjunction with a variety of individuals across the LiftFund Teams. Our team and LiftFund move quickly, so there is lots of room for projects and additional growth. This is an exciting opportunity to gain accountancy skills and applications.
Your Key Responsibilities
Accounts Payable functions, including routing invoices in Concur
To Qualify for the Role You Must Have
- Maintain vendor and independent contractor files - assist with annual 1099 reporting
- Accounts Payable related research and issue resolution
- Responsible for corporate credit card accruals and various AP accruals
- Perform administrative duties for Concur -used to manage corporate credit cards and invoices
- Become a Concur system expert
- Analysis of expenditure trends
- Manage all fixed asset accounting functions, including asset acquisition/disposal, and ensure assets are properly recorded in the appropriate asset category
- Bank statement reconciliation
- Actively involved in various month-end financial close processes, including journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations
- Prepare various schedules for monthly management reports
- Participate in year-end closing activities as assigned
- Special projects as assigned by the Accounting Manager and/or Controller
What We Look For
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Accounting
- GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred
- Understanding of GAAP, accounting concepts, and theory
- Intermediate Excel skills (Pivot Tables and VLOOKUP)
- Able to manage large volumes of data using excel to assist in review and analysis
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong relationships across all levels of the organization
- Curious, motivated to learn, and passionate about process improvement
- Problem solver with strong analytical and organizational skills
- Collaborative mindset with strength in effectively receiving and communicating feedback
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
- Team player with a "can do" attitude that enjoys tackling problems
What We Offer
- Strong oral and written communication skills working, has the ability to influence others to change or understand a communicated concept
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and balancing multiple priorities
- Customer service orientation supporting others in a collaborative work environment
- Strong desire to drive for results and achieve deadlines
- Perform and behave in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws
- Ability to perform work with accuracy and attention to detail
- Team player with a “can do” attitude; owns the situation and takes it to resolution
This position will allow you to work from Home at least 2 days a week under normal conditions. Must be present the majority of the time at the San Antonio office headquarters (at least 3 days a week) due to the department’s process improvement focus and team oversight).
All Bank and National Holidays, plus we start work at 8:30. We have a competitive benefits and compensation package.
Check us out on Linkedin and at Liftfund.com. Apply here or at our website.
LiftFund provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications + Bonus opportunity
Attractive Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance with significant Company cost sharing, along with a Company-sponsored Flexible Spending Account stipend
401(k) with a generous Company match up to 5%
Background checks are conducted of top candidates.