As the Accounting Manager
, you will be a key partner in how LiftFund is able to execute its Mission. Yours is one of the few positions that support our customers and our Lifter family. To be a Lifter- is to believe that a person’s dreams of business ownership should not be limited by their race, gender, or social and economic situation- but to their willingness, heart, and grit to work hard at what drives them. We are among the leading community development financial institutions (CDFI) in the United States and we support the underestimated as they pursue a better life for themselves and their families while providing jobs and services to the communities they serve. Lifters are working across 14 states to provide affordable, responsible credit, create and sustain jobs and stabilize communities. LiftFund loans finance community businesses, including small businesses, microenterprises, nonprofit organizations, and commercial real estate.
LiftFund has been recognized locally and nationally for our innovation, advisory services, and ability to be at the forefront of redefining the financial services industry at the community level. If you have 4 or more years of experience in general accounting
, don’t consider yourself the average accountant but more of a change agent who would enjoy wearing different hats, then you may want to be part of what we’re doing!!
The Accounting Manager will perform a wide variety of duties including the oversight of day-to-day operations of the accounts payable function, analysis, reconciliations, recording transactions and maintaining the general ledger account areas relating to accounts payable and receivable processing. Partner with other members in Accounting to develop processes that optimize our work. Work as a member of the Accounting team to ensure an accurate, timely and complete activity recording and analysis; play an integral role in the monthly closing, year-end closing and audit preparation process; work in all of LiftFund’s financial applications as needed including the general ledger and reporting system; assist in producing financial monthly reports and needed account/data analysis; support the Accounting division and program divisions in their analysis of actual results; participate in special projects as requested, to provide financial analysis and project management within Accounting and across other departments. This is a high growth opportunity with exposure across all business areas and executive leadership.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close process to ensure its timely completion
- Develop and maintain a daily cash reconciliation process for over 68 bank accounts
- Ensure the accounting team maintains accurate financial records including balance sheet account reconciliations, journal entry support and appropriate detail for ad hoc analysis
- Assist the Controller in general ledger oversight, audit, compilation of data and preparation of various tax returns and government reports
- Supervise the Accounts Payable department and reporting, including 1099s
- Own Notes Payable accounting
- Use appropriate systems and tools to input data, generate reports, conduct specialized research projects, prepare reconciliations for review, and respond to inquiries
- Assist with review of financial statements and reconciliation and preparation of quarterly reporting to the Leadership Team and the Board
- Work cross-functionally with other groups to foresee potential accounting issues and recommend practical solutions associated with business transactions.
To Qualify for the Role You Must Have
- Directly/Indirectly manage a team of one
- Conduct performance evaluations
- Coordinates training programs for new staff and identifies training needs for current staff
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Prefer either a CPA or a CPA candidate
- 4+ years of experience in general corporate accounting
- 2 years supervisory experience
- Strong skills using Microsoft Office Suite
- Skilled in Excel; can do VLOOKUPS and pivot tables
- Financial ERP systems experience
- Management, leadership, and analytical skills are a must
- Have led or been a subject matter expert on a process improvement initiative or project
- Have experience working in matrixed organizations, sustaining internal stakeholder and external business relationships
- This is a "hands on" leadership position; you will build your empire one detail at a time
What We Look For
- Experience in Loan Accounting systems
- Experience with Concur
- ERP system integration
It Would Be Great If You Had
- Advanced oral and written communication skills working with all levels of executives, managers and individual contributors
- Ability to operate in a fast paced, multi-location environment, balancing both strategic and tactical responsibilities
- Customer service orientation supporting others in a collaborative work environment
- Strong project management skills with ability to multi-task and achieve deadlines
- Perform managerial responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws, including hiring and training employees; planning and directing work assignments, conducting performance reviews and ability to problem solve any team conflicts
- Ability to perform work with accuracy and attention to detail
- Team player with a “can do” attitude; owns the situation and takes it to resolution
What We Offer
- Loan and investor accounting experience
This position will allow you to work from Home at least 2 days a week under normal conditions. Must be present the majority of the time at the San Antonio office headquarters (at least 3 days a week) due to the department’s process improvement focus and team oversight.
All Bank and National Holidays, plus we start work at 8:30. We have a competitive benefits and compensation package.
Check us out on Linkedin and at Liftfund.com. Apply here or at our website.
LiftFund provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications + Bonus opportunity
Attractive Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance with significant Company cost sharing, along with a Company-sponsored Flexible Spending Account stipend
401(k) with a generous Company match up to 5%
Background checks are conducted of top candidates.