Senior Business Development Officer @ DFW, TX
As the Senior Business Development Officer
, you will be a key partner in our ability to execute LiftFund's
Mission. To be a Lifter is to believe- that no matter their background- that doors should be open for everyone. We are among the leading community development financial institutions (CDFI) that have a coveted Four-Star rating from Charity Navigator. We support entrepreneurs--that work hard every day--to create a better life for themselves and their families, while providing jobs and services to the communities they serve. Lifters are working across 14 states to provide affordable, responsible credit, create and sustain jobs, and stabilize communities. Our work transforms lives!
is recognized locally and nationally for our innovation, advisory services, and ability to be at the forefront of redefining the financial services industry at the community level. If you are looking for an opportunity to impact your community—we just might have the role for you!!!
The Business Development Officer (BDO) is responsible for loan cultivation, advancement, and the growth of LiftFund’s business lending portfolio. This role is focused on outreach within the small business community, interfacing with banks, financial institutions, organizations, and the business community at large. The BDO position is directly responsible for the cultivation, origination, and packaging of business loans. This is a key business partner role; constantly examining and developing methods that increase LiftFund’s market presence, production, and processing. As a subject matter expert, the BDO is relied upon to recommend and target ways to align products and services that effectively and efficiently meet our client’s needs, thus ensuring customer satisfaction and increasing LiftFund’s market share and impact. In addition, the Business Development Officer may be assigned to lending projects, process improvement activities and other lead generation activities as needed. The Business Development Officer will report to the Vice President of their regional area.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Develop new and manage existing partnerships to produce loan applications, meet monthly loan production goals
- Successfully establish and maintain business relationships with bank partners, community leaders and current / potential borrowers
- Generate business lending leads consistently and manage all leads in LiftFund’s client management system
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of LiftFund loan products, provide lending information to potential customers as needed
- Effectively perform outreach and market LiftFund products and services
- Effectively communicate with clients and internal departments
- Serve as key relationship manager of loan applicants
- Maintain contact with current borrowers (Technical Assistant hours will need to be documented)
- Support, participate in packaging the required loan documentation with clients as needed
- Assemble and provide complete loan packages for submission to underwriting staff
- Ability to effectively present completed loan packages over $100,000 to Loan Committee for review and consideration
- Successfully manage the quality of your loan portfolio (delinquency and write-offs)
- Conduct site, collection, and follow-up visits to current lending clients- conduct collateral inspections for loan applicants
- Participate in loan closings
- Confer with LiftFund’s Loan Committee and Underwriting Manager(s) concerning various issues of loan policy and overall credit quality of your portfolio
It Would Be Great If You Had
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, or related field preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of direct small business lending experience, business development, and or sales experience
- 2 years of experience with the SBA 7A
- 2 years of experience with commercial real estate lending, fixed asset financing, working capital loans and accounts receivable financing
- Experience in supporting delinquency and collections on past due activities on loan payments
- Able to speak, define, and represent financial topics and credit analytics.
- A strong sense of ownership, accountability, critical thinking skills; must also be able to work successfully in an autonomous environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that can drive action and influence decision making activity
- Experience with client relationship management (CRM) software
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite; particularly Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Previous experience managing collections
What We Offer
- Familiarity with accounting systems very helpful.
- In-depth knowledge of underwriting
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
A competitive benefit package.
Check us out on Linkedin and at Liftfund.com. Apply here or at our website.
LiftFund provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.