Lending Assistant / Loan Processor -Texas
VARIOUS TEXAS LOCATIONS- San Antonio, El Paso, DFW or Houston
As a Lending Assistant for the Microloan team, you will be a key partner in our ability to execute LiftFund's
Mission. To be a Lifter is to believe- that no matter their background- doors should be open for everyone. We are among the leading community development financial institutions (CDFI) that have a coveted Four-Star rating from Charity Navigator. We support entrepreneurs--that work hard every day--to create a better life for themselves and their families, while providing jobs and services to the communities they serve. Lifters are working across 14 states to provide affordable, responsible credit, create and sustain jobs, and stabilize communities. Our work transforms lives!
is recognized locally and nationally for our innovation, advisory services, and ability to be at the forefront of redefining the financial services industry at the community level. If you are looking for an entry-level position that has a direct impact on your community —we just might have the role for you!!!
The Lending Assistant for the Microloan team will work in partnership with Regional managers, Lending Assistant supervisors, Business Development Officers, Underwriters, Closers, and members of the Accounting and Collections teams to successfully source, package, approve, fund, and service microloan products (defined as loans under $100,000). The Lending Assistant is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the file and ensuring that all fundamental file parameters are met in accordance with LiftFund’s internal guidelines. The Lending Assistant plays a key role in ensuring that production and quality metrics are met, and they must be driven by the social mission of LiftFund to provide credit and service to small businesses that do not have access to credit from commercial sources.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Manage high telephone call volume in a timely and professional manner. Maintain one-call resolution policy.
- Work a pipeline of files according to priority and without neglecting additional Lending Assistant duties.
- Perform detailed analysis of the incoming applications to understand the likelihood of re-payment as determined by our proprietary software.
- Serve as initial point of contact for the applicant
- Clarify data that may have an impact on the applicant’s ability to move forward.
- Submit files for further review with the underwriters, pre-emptively determining and providing the information that will be necessary to make a decision.
- Prepare the list of required documents that will be necessary to complete the file based on predetermined templates and perform a detailed review of all documents
- Act as liaison between borrower, underwriter, loan originator and business development officer.
- Communicate effectively in person, via phone, email and text
- Use effective communication skills to ensure the timely completion and submission of the application.
- Conduct closing as required (sometimes the role of the BDO).
- Maintain a strict follow up routine for files that are still pending documents.
- Report to Business Development Officers, Lending assistant supervisors and VPs about production and processing time, as well as likelihood of closing files in the pipeline.
- Maintain the integrity of the information reflected in the system.
- Ensure the privacy of applicants and borrowers.
To Qualify for the Role, You Must Have
- Support Delinquency and Business Education activities.
It Would Be Great If You Had
- High School Diploma
- Ability to work independently, high initiative, operates well under pressure, stubbornly optimistic.
- Ability to use and learn computer applications
- Agile and thought and open to change
- Ability to analyze and problem solve
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Ability to perform work with accuracy and high attention to detail
- Willing to engage in and support a collaborative and healthy work environment
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks in a high paced, deadline and goal focused environment
- Excellent organizational, time management skills
- Excellent customer service skills
What We Offer
- Associates or bachelor’s degree
- Experience in packaging, lending, or file analysis
- Bilingual abilities in English & Spanish
- Experience in administrative/office support
We enjoy all Bank and National Holidays and have a competitive benefits and compensation package.
Check us out on Linkedin and at Liftfund.com. Apply here or at our website.
LiftFund provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.