Data Analyst Intern
As the Data Analyst Intern
you will support and partner with our Analyst & Coordinator; and together you will work to execute LiftFund's
Mission. To be a Lifter is to believe- that no matter their background- doors should be open for everyone. We are among the leading community development financial institutions (CDFI) that have a coveted Four-Star rating from Charity Navigator. We support entrepreneurs--that work hard every day--to create a better life for themselves and their families, while providing jobs and services to the communities they serve. Lifters are working across 14 states to provide affordable, responsible credit, create and sustain jobs, and stabilize communities. Our work transforms lives!
is recognized locally and nationally for our innovation, advisory services, and ability to be at the forefront of redefining the financial services industry at the community level. If you are looking for an opportunity to impact your community—we just might have the role for you!!!
This part-time Intern position is designed to assist the Program Analyst and Coordinator in various data-related work, projects, and staff training, and eventually evolve into a thoughtful coordinator of data. A good fit will have an analytical mind, a passion for problem-solving, and a desire to help others. The position is in San Antonio Texas and is primarily remote. Some training and meetings may be held at our Headquarters.
- Assist in creating or updating basic Excel reports and data lists on-demand
- Assist in updating Power BI reports as requested
- Support data-related projects by testing forms/APIs, mapping light-weight integrations (ex: using Zapier)
- Learn our current workflows and systems and assist in answering user questions; Support users in correcting or updating data in CRM; Eventually assist with training users on systems
- Create & implement surveys that integrate with our current dataverse
- Assist in documenting best practices
- Perform related duties as assigned
- 1-2 years pursuing a degree in a related field or 6-12 months’ work experience with data & systems
- Basic Excel skills
- Understanding of data cleaning
- Basic understanding of database structure and data systems (ie, understanding CRMs, tables & fields, rigor involved in connecting different systems)
- Ability to research solutions to problems
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
Preferred Skills – It would be great if you had these:
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Exposure to or experience with Business Intelligence software/solution
- Visualizations experience (Either in Excel or in a Business Intelligence platform)
What you’ll learn in this position
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills pertaining to data cleaning/transformation, analysis/presentation, including Power Query
- Integrating different data systems
- Power BI – user interaction and report creation basics. May also learn DAX.
- Collaborating online via MS Office 365 and Onedrive/Sharepoint
- Microsoft Dynamics
Check us out at Liftfund.com. Apply here or at our website.
LiftFund provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
- Flexible hours- you can create your work schedule with the Analyst & Coordinator
- Hybrid work- primarily remote, training and meetings may be held at our Headquarters
- Holidays- you will have the same holidays as the organization while in this position
- Culture/Mission- an opportunity to work with a well-respected Nonprofit that is redefining the financial services industry at the community level for the underserved.
- Business Environment- a chance to interact with and learn from Leaders and Analysts making a difference in the lives of others every day!