ENTRY LEVEL- Loan Closing Officer
As an ENTRY LEVEL Loan Closing Officer
, you will learn to partner with others as we execute LiftFund's
Mission. To be a Lifter is to believe- that no matter their background- doors should be open for everyone. We are among the leading community development financial institutions (CDFI) that have a coveted Four-Star rating from Charity Navigator. We support entrepreneurs--that work hard every day--to create a better life for themselves and their families, while providing jobs and services to the communities they serve. Lifters are working across 14 states to provide affordable, responsible credit, create and sustain jobs, and stabilize communities. Our work transforms lives!
is recognized locally and nationally for our innovation, advisory services, and ability to be at the forefront of redefining the financial services industry at the community level. If you are looking for an opportunity to impact your community—we just might have the role for you!!!
To facilitate, support and service assigned microloans or small business loan applications in accordance with LiftFund and Small Business Administration guidelines. Prepare closing documentation in a timely and effective manor without error. The Closing Officer serves as the final auditor of loan documentation and prepares closing packages for execution by the respective borrower and their representatives. The Closing Officer is a key position in elevating LiftFund’ s mission of supporting small businesses through microloans, small business loans and technical assistance with dignity and respect.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Input and maintain accurate information into Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Conduct thorough application audits for preparing closing documents including business legal formation, collateral, insurance forms, etc.
- Prepare closing packages and deliver for electronic signature including Promissory Note, Security Agreement, SBA forms, Insurance policies, etc.
- Review executed closing documents including legal instruments for completion and compliance.
- File collateral liens including vehicle titling, UCC filing, and deed of trust recording.
- Coordinate and participate in lending and underwriting staff training sessions
- Order and review title search and commitments for title policy for real estate.
- Work with title companies and attorneys in preparation of legal documents for closing.
- Process and submit payment protection insurance claims for customers.
- Prepare and process releases of debt and collateral for accounts paid in full.
- Prepare and/or review deed of trust or other real estate instruments.
- Coordinate and participate in lending and closing staff training sessions
- Provide excellent customer service and support to LiftFund lending teams in the field and LiftFund customers
- Responsible for tracking, monitoring, and servicing special programs and funding sources for compliance.
- Conduct all other duties as assigned to support Closing Director as needed. Although not frequent, additional duties may include working weekends or extended hours.
What We Admire
- An associated degree with a concentration in Applied Sciences or Science.
- Minimum one year experience in small business or consumer lending including experience preparing loan closing documents which include Promissory Note and Security Agreement.
- Passion for microfinance and the organizational mission of providing credit to small businesses that do not have access to capital from commercial sources.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures in micro and small business lending.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent customer service and conflict resolution experience.
- Detail oriented and able to recognize inconsistencies in data/documents and take corrective action.
- Ability to work in a high-volume environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Power Point, and MS Outlook).
- Minimum six months experience with Customer Relationship Management system, Microsoft Dynamics (CRM) preferred, and document management solutions.
- Minimum six months experience with Document Management Solutions.
- Ability to research and enforce correct actions for filing appropriate liens against collateral.
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
It Would Be Great If You Had
- Advanced oral communication skills.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment while meeting key deadlines.
- Committed to excellence and continuous improvement.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Ability to identify competing priorities, recognize time sensitive issues and work within time constraints.
- Customer service orientation supporting others in a collaborative work environment.
- Strong project management skills with ability to multi-task and achieve deadlines.
- Ability to perform work with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Maintains the highest ethical standards including honesty, integrity, and dedication.
What We Offer
- Bachelors Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Legal Studies preferred.
- Experience with the SBA 7a Loan Program
- Experience with title liens and Uniform Commercial Code liens.
- Experience with ordering and reviewing real estate title search and commitment for title policy.
- Experience in preparing and/or reviewing deed of trust, settlement statement, and homestead affidavit.
- Experience with electronic signature solutions a plus.
- Demonstrated accomplishments; committed to excellence and continuous improvement
- High attention to detail, accuracy, and quality
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to assist and train new employees
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Ability to identify time sensitive issues and work within time constraints
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Customer Service and Conflict Resolution skills
- Must be self-motivated and goal oriented
- Passion for microfinance and the organizational mission of providing credit to small businesses that do not have access to capital from commercial sources
A competitive benefit package.
Check out LiftFund on Linkedin! Apply here or at our website- LiftFund.com.
LiftFund provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.