As an Accounting Intern
, you will be a key partner in how LiftFund is able to execute its Mission. Yours is one of the few positions that support our customers and our Lifter family. To be a Lifter- is to believe that a person’s dreams of business ownership should not be limited by their race, gender, or social and economic situation- but to their willingness, heart, and grit to work hard at what drives them. We are among the leading community development financial institutions (CDFI) in the United States and we support the underestimated as they pursue a better life for themselves and their families while providing jobs and services to the communities they serve. Lifters are working across 14 states to provide affordable, responsible credit, create and sustain jobs and stabilize communities. LiftFund loans finance community businesses, including small businesses, microenterprises, nonprofit organizations, and commercial real estate.
LiftFund has been recognized locally and nationally for our innovation, advisory services, and ability to be at the forefront of redefining the financial services industry at the community level. If you don’t consider yourself the average accountant
but more of a change agent who would enjoy wearing different hats, then you may want to be part of what we’re doing!!
The Accounting Intern will perform a variety of ad hoc projects, including a large vendor information audit and update and helping the accounting team prepare for 2021 1099’s. This person will work in conjunction with a variety of individuals across the LiftFund Teams. Our team and LiftFund move quickly and this is an exciting opportunity to gain accountancy skills and applications.
Your Key Responsibilities
To Qualify for the Role You Must Have
- Maintain vendor and independent contractor files - assist with annual 1099 reporting
- Special projects as assigned by the Accounting Manager and/or Controller
What We Look For
- Be a current student pursuing your Bachelor’s or Master’s in Accounting
- GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred
- Understanding of GAAP, accounting concepts, and theory
- Intermediate Excel skills (Pivot Tables and VLOOKUP)
- Curious, motivated to learn, and passionate about process improvement
- Team player with a "can do" attitude that enjoys tackling problems
What We Offer
- Strong desire to drive for results and achieve deadlines
- Perform and behave in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws
- Ability to perform work with accuracy and attention to detail
- Team player with a “can do” attitude; owns the situation and takes it to resolution
This position will be approximately 20 hours a week allowing you to attend your classes as needed. Must be present at the San Antonio office headquarters.
Check us out on Linkedin and at Liftfund.com. Apply here or at our website.
LiftFund provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.