As the Grant Writer
, you will be a key partner in our ability to execute LiftFund's
Mission. To be a Lifter is to believe- that no matter their background- that doors should be open for everyone. We are among the leading community development financial institutions (CDFI) that have a coveted three-Star rating from Charity Navigator. We support entrepreneurs--that work hard every day--to create a better life for themselves and their families, while providing jobs and services to the communities they serve. Lifters are working across 14 states to provide affordable, responsible credit, create and sustain jobs, and stabilize communities. Our work transforms lives!
is recognized locally and nationally for our innovation, advisory services, and ability to be at the forefront of redefining the financial services industry at the community level. If you are looking for an opportunity to impact your community—we just might have the role for you!!!
The Grant Writer is responsible for preparing and submitting grant applications in support of LiftFund programming and services. Grants are submitted to the federal government, local governments, corporations, banking institutions, organizations and foundations across our footprint. The Grant Writer works with the Grants Team, a component of the Fundraising Department, and reports directly to the Vice President of Grant Administration. The Grant Writer may perform other servicing related activities not listed below.
Write letters of inquiry, proposals, applications, reports, contracts, MOUs, letters of support, agreements for government agencies, private and corporate foundations to secure funding for the organization
To qualify for the role you must have
- Grant editing
- Grant budgets
- Research and identify new funding opportunities for the organization
- Maintain an organized filing system
- Attend pre-proposal and grant related webinars/trainings regarding prospective grants as required
- Provide assistance to the team in all matters related to fundraising for the organization
Experience We Admire
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-5 years in Grant writing and research experience with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in technical writing
- Demonstrated ability to write for a specialized audience, specifically foundations, government, and corporate donors
- Grant budget experience
- Ability to gather, interpret and present a variety of data
- A passion for economic and community development
- Proficiency in MSWord, Excel, and Donor Management software
It Would Be Great If You Had
- 5 years+ working in nonprofit organizations
- A record of successful grant submissions to federal government agencies, foundations and corporations
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment while meeting key deadlines
- Committed to excellence and continuous improvement
- Highly self-motivated
- Ability to multi-task and achieve deadlines
- Ability to perform work with accuracy and attention to detail
- Maintains the highest ethical standards including honesty, integrity, and dedication
What We Offer
- The ability to work well independently and as a team
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines in a high goal/volume grant environment
- Excellent organizational/project management skills including the ability to plan, prioritize and coordinate multiple grants at one time.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Bilingual abilities in English and Spanish
This is a full-time position with a competitive benefit package. Position will be remote.
Check us out on Linkedin and at Liftfund.com. Apply here or at our website.
LiftFund provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.