504 Business Development Officer-West Texas
As the 504 Business Development Officer-West Texas, you will be a key partner in our ability to execute LiftFund's
Mission. To be a Lifter- is to believe that a person’s dream of business ownership should not be limited by their race, gender, or social and economic situation. We are among the leading community development financial institutions (CDFI) that have a coveted Four-Star rating from Charity Navigator. We support entrepreneurs--that work hard every day--to create a better life for themselves and their families, while providing jobs and services to the communities they serve. Lifters are working across 14 states to provide affordable, responsible credit, create and sustain jobs, and stabilize communities. LiftFund
loans finance community businesses including small businesses, microenterprises, nonprofit organizations, commercial real estate, and affordable housing.
has been recognized locally and nationally for our innovation, advisory services, and ability to be at the forefront of redefining the financial services industry at the community level. If you want to be part of what we’re doing and have at least 2 years of experience in a 504 business development environment, government guaranteed lending, commercial loan banking, or relatable similar experience-we just might have the role for you!!!
The SBA 504 Business Development Officer-West Texas develops new loan volume via the SBA 504 Loan Program. The position requires continuous marketing efforts to establish contacts and leads to generate a strong referral network. We are looking for individuals who establish effective and efficient work processes with external/internal partners to identify new SBA prospects, convert prospects to applications, and manage the loan through the credit and closing processes.
Your Key Responsibilities
To Qualify for the Role You Must Have
- Develop effective and efficient process to manage SBA 504 loan pipeline and submit applications
- Develop marketing strategies using all available tools and resources to identify markets to penetrate for new SBA 504 lending business
- Ability to win business based upon building value, loan structure and relationship development, not rates and fees
- Manage entire 504 loan process from application to closing
- Develop and nurture effective working relationships with internal partners
- Provide a complete and well thought out package to credit
- Identify closing issues that may negatively impact the loan request
- Provide borrower/business partner with correct preliminary closing checklist based on type of loan and transaction
- Assist with closing in the collection of needed documentation, either by explaining to the borrower and referral source why it is needed or collecting it
- Maintain respective office procedures.
- Assume a participative role in the overall implementation of the SBA 504 Loan program
- Conduct other duties as assigned.
What We Look For
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or other related discipline.
- 2+ years lending experience in SBA 504 Guaranteed Government lending
- Reliable, productive referral network
- Reputation as a credible, creative thinker
- Thorough knowledge of SBA Standard Operating Procedures
- Excellent interpersonal, sales, and communications skills
- Detail-oriented with ability to excel in high-volume environment
- Demonstrate ability to work cooperatively with multiple team members and variable project deadlines.
- Demonstrate a desire for continued learning and advancement in commercial real estate finance and SBA guidelines.
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance during business hours and work overtime as needed.
It Would Be Great If You Had
- Ability to operate in a fast paced, multi-location environment, balancing both strategic and tactical responsibilities.
- Customer service orientation supporting others in a collaborative work environment.
- Strong project management skills with ability to multi-task and achieve deadlines.
- Ability to perform work with accuracy and attention to detail.
What We Offer
- Bilingual in English & Spanish
- Nonprofit industry experience
All Bank and National Holidays, plus we start work at 8:30. We have a competitive benefits and compensation package.
Check us out on Linkedin and at Liftfund.com. Apply here or at our website.
LiftFund provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.