Program Manager – Internal/External Opportunity
As the Program Manager
, you will be a key partner in our ability to execute LiftFund's
Mission. To be a Lifter is to believe- that no matter their background- that doors should be open for everyone. We are among the leading community development financial institutions (CDFI) that have a coveted Four-Star rating from Charity Navigator. We support entrepreneurs--that work hard every day--to create a better life for themselves and their families, while providing jobs and services to the communities they serve. Lifters are working across 14 states to provide affordable, responsible credit, create and sustain jobs, and stabilize communities. Our work transforms lives!
is recognized locally and nationally for our innovation, advisory services, and ability to be at the forefront of redefining the financial services industry at the community level. If you are looking for a position that has a direct impact on your community —we just might have the role for you!!!
The Program Manager is responsible for providing overall programmatic support to the Women’s Business Center (WBC) Director and assisting with coordinating the operations of the Women’s Business Center of Dallas/Ft. Worth. The Program Manager has three primary responsibilities: Coordinating the planning, scheduling, and promotion of the WBC DFW’s events, workshops, training and coaching services; helping entrepreneurs through advising and resource sharing; and managing the collection, maintenance, and reporting of participant and performance data to the Small Business Administration (SBA) and LiftFund.
The Program Manager will also manage at least four special projects to be decided upon in consultation with the Director. The Program Manager is also encouraged to contribute to the strategic planning of the WBC and participate in advisory board meetings.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Provide 1:1 initial in‐take and consultation with clients seeking entrepreneurship guidance while successfully managing and facilitating professional and client relationships
- Maintain a working knowledge of ongoing small business opportunities and resources and connect clients to resources in the community to help meet their business needs
- Coordinate mentor pairings between existing clients and professionals in the LiftFund mentor network
- Lead workshops and small business orientations for clients and partners
- Collaborate with resource partners in the Small Business Ecosystem on outreach, events, and workshops
- Plan, coordinate, schedule and promote trainings, seminars, workshops and conferences
- Market and promote upcoming seminars/trainings through social media and email marketing campaigns
- Compile, track and maintain detailed participant data, client records, in-kind donor records and record economic impact and track all WBC programming
- Assist the Data Analyst with data maintenance of our CRM systems
- In conjunction with the LiftFund’s marketing communications team, create marketing materials for programming
- Assist WBC Director with grant renewals, reporting and data compilation
- Assist with the monitoring process for program reviews
- Update and support the maintenance of WBC systems, operating procedures and website
- A minimum of two years managing non-profit and/or government programs
- A four-year degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Human Services, or Non-Profit Management.
- Two years of experience with federal and state grant management
- Two years of experience with program development, implementation, and documentation
- Two years of experience working within a small business operating environment
- One year of experience with CRM systems
- Proficient with Office 365, Customer Relationship Management software and Canva
- A minimum of one year experience managing social media, email marketing and graphic design projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Excellent organizational skills and previous experience working remotely
- Two years of event planning experience
- Ability to provide exceptional internal and external customer service and support.
- Ability to grasp new concepts and interpret standards, policies and regulations.
- Ability to work autonomously in an efficient and effective manner.
- Embrace the spirit of collaboration and inclusion.
What We Offer
- The Small Business Administration is the program partner and the funding agency for the WBC.
- There is a cooperative agreement between the SBA and LiftFund which details program goals, objectives and expected outcomes.
- The program service area is the entire North Texas region and requires service area travel, some overnight travel, both in‐state and out‐of‐state.
- Position collaborates with other LiftFund programs and other Resource Providers.
A competitive benefit package.
Check us out on Linkedin and at Liftfund.com. Apply here or at our website.
LiftFund provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.